Guide to setting up and adding cards to Apple Pay on all your devices
Apple Pay is the payment service to the mobile that Apple developed and launched on September 9, 2014. In order to configure this service you have to start adding your credit, debit or prepaid cards to any of your compatible devices, either a iPhone , iPad, Apple Watch or Mac.
Below you will find several sections where we tell you everything you need and how to configure on your mobile device or computer, Apple’s mobile payment service .
- Requirements to use Apple Pay
- Set Up Apple Pay and Add Cards on iPhone
- Set up Apple Pay and add cards to iPad
- Set up Apple Pay and add cards in Apple Watch
- Set Up Apple Pay and Add Cards on Mac
- Tips for using Apple Pay
Requirements to use Apple Pay | How to set up Apple Pay on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac
In order to use Apple Pay in the countries that support the service, we need to have:
- A compatible device among those shown below:
- iPhone : iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE.
- iPad (in apps and on the Internet in Safari): iPad Pro (12.9 inches), iPad Pro (9.7 inches), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3.
- Apple Watch (at points of sale and in apps, linked to the iPhone 5 and later models): Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch (1st generation).
- Mac (on the Internet at Safari): MacBook Pro with Touch ID, a Mac model marketed in 2012 or later with an iPhone or Apple Watch enabled to use Apple Pay.
- A compatible card issued by one of the banks or collaborating entities.
- The device must have the latest version of iOS , watchOS or macOS.
- Have an Apple ID.
Set Up Apple Pay and Add Cards on iPhone
The process to configure and add our credit or debit cards to Apple Pay on the iPhone is very simple, for this we will simply have to: How to set up Apple Pay on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac
- Open the Wallet app .
- Then tap Add credit or debit card .
- On the screen that appears, click on Next .
- If you are prompted to add the card you use with iTunes , enter the security code.
- At this point you have the option to take a photo to the card or Enter the data manually .
- Locate the card for the iPhone camera to detect it, once this is done you will see the Card Detailsscreen .
- Checks and corrects, if not correct, the detected data.
- Click on next. At this point the bank will verify the information and tell us whether or not we can add the card to Apple Pay.
- Once the card has been verified, press Next to be able to use Apple Pay to pay with the iPhone in establishments and businesses .
Note : In case the bank or the entity requires more data to verify the card, it will be requested during the process. To modify the information we simply have to go to Settings > Wallet and Apple Pay and here we select the card.
Set up Apple Pay and add cards to iPad
The process to configure and add credit or debit cards in the iPad is almost the same as the iPhone, for this we have to follow the following steps: How to set up Apple Pay on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac?
- Go to Settings > Wallet and Apple Pay .
- Here we will click on Add credit or debit card .
- Then you will have to follow the steps that you are appearing to add a new card. In the event that you are asked to add the card you use with iTunes, you will simply have to enter the security code.
- Click Next. The bank will carry out verification of card information and will decide whether or not it can be added to Apple Pay.
- Once the card has been verified, click Next.
When you have completed this process you can use Apple Pay on the iPad to buy and pay via the web .
Set up Apple Pay and add cards in Apple Watch
Despite adding your cards to the iPhone to use Apple Pay, if you want to use the service on your watch, you will also need to add credit and debit cards to Apple Watch . For this we will have to:
- Open the iPhone Watch app .
- Go to the My Clock tab .
- In case you have several clocks, choose one, but go directly to step 4.
- Find and select the Wallet and Apple Pay option .
- Select the Add credit or debit card option .
- Click Next .
- Then, in the Add card screen , place your card in the box so that the phone’s camera detects it. Remember that you can also enter the data manually by clicking on the bottom of this screen.
- In case you have to finish entering some data or correcting them manually, follow the steps indicated on the screen and press Next .
- When you have finished the bank will perform the verification of the card and all the data entered.
Once the bank or card issuer has completed the verification process, you can use the Apple Watch watch to make purchases with Apple Pay .
Note : In case you need to add more data on the card, remember that we can do this through the Wallet and Apple Pay settings in the Device Settings . It’s very important to note that you need to set a code and make sure the Clock Wrist Detection option is enabled. If you turn off the Detect Wrist option , delete the code, or close the iCloud session , the Apple Watch credit and debit cards will be deleted.
Set Up Apple Pay and Add Cards on Mac
To use Apple Pay on your Mac to buy via web using Safari , you will need to add cards to your computer. For this you have to:
- Select the Apple menu > System Preferences , you can also find the System Preferences icon in the Applications folder or in the Doc (if you did not remove it).
- Click on Wallet and Apple Pay .
- When the Wallet and Apple Pay preferences panel opens , select the Add Card option .
- In case you have not logged into iCloud, the computer will ask you to do so.
- Then you will need to enter your payment information. At this point you can:
- Using a Registered Card : In case you have set up a credit or debit card at Apple to be able to make purchases through the App Store or iTunes Store, you will simply have to enter the security code when prompted.
- Add a new card : For this you simply have to put your card in front of the computer camera, until it appears in the frame that is shown on the screen (as we do when adding credit or debit cards in the iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch). Then just follow the instructions that appear on the screen or click on the option Enter the data manually and end the process of configuration.
Remember that you have to follow this process with each card you want to use with Apple Pay on your Mac.
Note : In case you log out of your iCloud account, you will have to reconfigure the Apple Pay service, and you will also need to re-add all the cards you were using with Apple Pay on your Mac .
When you are going to use Apple Pay on any of your Californian signature devices you have to remember that:
- In order to pay in establishments you need an iPhone or an Apple Watch.
- To pay in the applications you need an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
- In order to pay on websites through Safari you need a MacBook Pro with Touch ID or a Mac and an iPhone / Apple Watch.
- Be sure to sign in to iCloud on all your devices.
- On iOS devices it is necessary to configure the Touch ID or set a code.
- If at any time you deactivate the Touch ID and delete your code, all the cards in the device will be automatically deleted.
With all the steps and tips that we have left in this guide you have managed to configure and add all the cards in Apple Pay to make purchases from all your Apple devices.