If your screen does not turn on and stays completely black , it could be happening for different reasons. In this article we are going to try to explain a series of situations for which your device could not turn on. We will also try to solve these situations to avoid having to take our device to the maintenance service. Here are the recommendations.
Why not turn it on?
- The battery is fully discharged
- The device is completely off
- The storage unit is damaged
- IOS crash
- Total iOS operating system crash
Usually the battery is fully discharged is the most common case, while the complete failure of iOS is the least usual and quite unlikely to happen, although I have seen times when a technical problem iOS has completely blocked the device of a user, requiring the attention of the technical support to solve it.
Possible solutions for your device to work
Once you have discussed the reasons why the problem might be happening, you may be wondering what you can do to make your device “resurrect” and come back to life. Well, let’s try the following steps:
- Turn on your device: If the screen is black, and pressing the power button or the start button on the device does not turn on the screen, it is completely off.In this scenario, all you have to do is to hold down the power button on the device until the Apple logo appears, and at this point, the device should start booting a backup. If not, try the next step.
- Restart your device completely: If a software restart like the previous one has not had any effect, you’ll have to try a more restartable reboot. This allows system memory to be used to start a backup from scratch. This method is usually quite successful most of the time, unless the battery is damaged or is a more serious problem.To perform a reboot of this type, you must press and hold both the start button and the power button at the same time, until the Apple logo appears. Is the manzanita still on the screen? We continue.
- Charge your device: If the screen is still black after the above suggestions, your device is probably downloaded. If the iPhone battery is too low, we can usually see an icon on the screen like the following:
However, if the battery is completely depleted, this icon will not appear, for which the screen will remain black, whatever we do. To avoid this, we will charge our device for at least one hour. This will give the device the battery needed to power on , if after an hour the screen does not turn on, check that your charger is not damaged. If it is not, we will continue with the next step.
- Connect your device to iTunes and try a system restore: If everything else has failed, you can always try to connect your device to a computer, and see if iTunes recognizes it. If you do, you can try a system restore. If the problem is too serious, the device may not be recognized by iTunes.Try to put your device in Recovery mode , for this we press the same buttons that we used to restart the device, but we will keep the buttons pressed even when we see the Apple logo.Once this is done, iTunes should display a pop-up window like the one below, which will tell us that the iPhone software needs to be updated and restored.
After clicking the blue update button, the computer will start downloading the latest firmware for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, Apple will tell us that you will need to put the device back into recovery mode. Once this is done, the device will reboot.
If after all this fuss the device still does not turn on, then sorry to tell you that it most likely is a hardware failure .
A restore through iTunes was more than likely to have remedied any kind of software error or system error. Anything else that has not addressed the above recommendations may be related to a faulty storage drive, screen failure, or some other component that is causing problems.
So if you have not been able to solve your problems with the above steps then it is time to contact AppleCare or visit your nearest Apple store to have your device reviewed.
I hope you have been able to solve your problems after following this “mini guide”, in case you have not done so do not worry, Apple will take good care of you.