We tell you how to restart your iPhone 8 when it does not respond
One of the things that usually happens, although it is not something common, with the mobile devices of Apple is that these remain frozen or do not respond. This time we are going to tell you how to force the iPhone 8 reboot when we find ourselves in this situation.
- When to Force iPhone Restart
- Guide to force reset or hard reset of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Things to keep in mind when forcing the iPhone 8 reboot
This action is very simple and consists of a combination of buttons that will force your iPhone 8 to restart. It’s like when we hold the power button on our computer.
When to Force iPhone Restart
Surely it has never happened to you, but the hard reset of the iPhone 8 is useful when, for example:
- An application stays hung or frozen or hung.
- It can also be useful in the event that the device does not respond to the touches on the screen, or to the power button or Home button.
Before explaining the procedure, it is important to note that this action will not delete your iPhone and the only data you can lose are the last changes you made to an application before the iPhone was frozen.
Guide to force reset or hard reset of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
With the advent of the iPhone 7 , Apple switched to a new Home button or Home button ; with the arrival of the iPhone 8 the California firm still maintains the same system as that model.
In case you have devices like the iPhone 6 or older, then you will not be able to use the same combination of buttons to restart the iPhone 8.
To force the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to restart, you will no longer need to use the Home or Home button . In this case the start button is no longer a physical button so it can not be sensitive.
For this reason, here are the steps to restart your iPhone 8:
- Hold down the power button and turn the volume down for 5 seconds.
- Wait until your iPhone 8 reboots.
- After that time (five seconds) or more, the phone will reboot and you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
The iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus should reboot in less than a minute and show you the home screen so you can use your iPhone again.
Things to keep in mind when forcing the iPhone 8 reboot
It is important to note that when doing a hard reset or forcing a reboot of the iPhone 8: How to force reboot iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- You will have to enter your lock code to access, even if you use the Touch ID, since to activate it you need to enter the code again.
- This does not delete applications, photos, or texts that you have stored in the device. In case you are writing an email or a note, you may have missed the last part of what you have written, so it is a good idea to wait a bit before restarting, if possible.
In case the iPhone 8 is frozen constantly, and you detect that this happens whenever you use the same application or do the same action, we recommend that you reinstall application or look for possible updates in the App Store, to see if it works better .
Keep in mind that it is not normal to have to force the iPhone 8 reboot very often. If that happens then you should turn to the warranty on your iPhone for an Apple Genius to check your device and evaluate the problem.
Have you ever had to force a reboot of your iPhone 8 ?